Raj Mehta, Ph.D., Principal Technology Transfer Consultant
Raj has over 25 years of management, consulting and R&D experience in high technology, computer, electronics and office automation fields. During this period he has worked in several areas such as, gas laser design and development, semiconductor device manufacturing and device/process modeling, failure analysis of semiconductor chips, engineering and business application software development. For the last 15 years, Raj has handled assignments in market entry, business setup and strategy, new project/technology evaluation, competitive analysis, alliances and business development in the IT industry.
Some of Rajís experiences include:
- Defining and implementing the Information Technology (IT) business strategy for a large Indian conglomerate,
- Technology due diligence and IT project evaluations for a diversified, multi billion US dollars revenue Indian group,
- Competitive analysis and due diligence of potential acquisition targets for a large Indian group,
- Development of engineering software,
- Development of software for failure and transmission line analysis for ECL based CPU boards for a major US computer manufacturer,
- Design and implementation of software for a leather factory,
- Design and development of a CMOS process evaluation chip,
- Teaching undergraduate engineering courses,
- Office automation courses for senior bureaucrats,
- Project management of an off-shore software development project for a UK based client
Since January 2000, Raj has been working as the COO of the software division of a Long Island based, AMEX listed, and IT Company. In this position he is restructuring the division from being an Y2K solutions supplier to an IT company providing solutions in the telecom, GIS and general business application areas.
Rajís previous assignments were at Digital Equipment Corporation, Wang Labs, Thapar Corporate R&D, and OCL India Limited.
Raj obtained the PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has a Bachelors and a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur Ė India). He is a member of IEEE. He is the recipient of several awards and honors. He has published technical and general interest papers and articles in international journals and magazines.